Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Better She Die by Judy Baker

Blurb:
In 1858, Clare Rose Coulson of Silver Sage Creek, Texas, is traumatized as a band of Apache Indians murder her husband, her father, and best friend. When kidnapped, she tries to escape only to be captured by another band, but quickly learns this band is Comanche and different. They aren't warriors or savages, but a peaceful, loving people. While living with the band, she learns to respect the Indian ways and settles into a life she never dreamed.

Four years later, Captain Drury Burchett, a Texas Ranger, rescues Clare Rose. Only, the beautiful redheaded woman is angered by her rescue. He's bewildered by the compassion she shows for the Comanches, especially since his hatred for the savages digs deep into his soul for all they've taken from him. What makes this woman so strong in her beliefs and needs to defend the Indians?



Review:
The attraction in the first scene between Clare Rose and Drury had me believing in them. The twinges Clare Rose felt in the pit of her stomach made me remember moments in my life when I had the same feeling. The giddy girlfriends of Clare Rose added immediate depth to the heroine. Sorry that CR's two friends won't have their own stories though. *sigh*  

Ms Baker created a wondrous historical romance love story here. The dialogue is precise and well thought out, yet came easily to me as I read.

I have to admit the first part of the blurb had me wanting to settle in and read this book, while the second half had me questioning my decision. But as I turned the pages, I am thrilled to have followed my first instinct. Well written and beautifully crafted story. I look forward to book two.

Buy Link

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other publishing person(s).

1 comment:

  1. Dawne, thank you so much for taking the time to read and review Better She Die, I do appreciate all your comments. Have a wonderful reading day. Judy

    ReplyDelete