Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Review~ Red Heart: Heart of Detroit by Sylvia Hubbard

Blurb:
After a long period away, Jode returns to her hometown Detroit just to attend her best friend’s funeral. 

Yet, when she finds out that the death was no suicide, she goes in search of the truth. 

As secrets are revealed and the past she ran away from began to haunt her again, Jode believes that her best friend’s murderer may be her first love, Red Heart.

Review:
This is the first book I have ever laid eyes upon by Sylvia Hubbard, and I have to say the suspense she weaves into a story line are splendid and definitely surpassed my expectations. 

Jode and Stephen's past unravels, and Ms Hubbard did a wonderful job of making it believable. I appreciated Jode's anger and hostility in the beginning- hey, every woman has it, and it takes a strong woman, and an even stronger writer, to display it. The opening scene in the dark alley in Detroit (being from the Metro area, I felt the danger and could relate to the scene) had me anxious to turn the page.

I applaud Ms. Hubbard's writing abilities and look forward to reading more of her work. I would recommend this readers of love, romance, betrayal and suspense. Kudos, Ms Hubbard.

Buy link

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article/review are those of the owner's and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other publishing person(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment