Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Review ~ In Chains (In Chains series) by Michelle Abbott

Blurb-
A romance set in a world where slavery is government run and slaves are fitted with microchips.

Savannah, fleeing a turbulent relationship, seeks solace at her brother’s country farmhouse. It’s there that she meets Kayden; her brother’s slave who's considered less than human. These two damaged souls form an unbreakable bond, one that’s about to be tested, because Kayden is her brother’s property and he will stop at nothing to keep them apart.

*Please note this book contains some sexual scenes, violence and strong language.

Review-
Talk about adding some history to new age romance. While no era is defined, the reader assumes it is the present. When I first started this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. But let me tell you... I thoroughly enjoyed In Chains.  There were moments when I was unsure of the outcome of the book but a HEA is guaranteed... to some degree.

I found it intriguing, the premise of slaves and owners, the rules and laws.

Abbott rose to the occasion by creating a love that would be prevented from blossoming at every turn, but she creates it slowly- the attraction is there and takes time for the duo to act upon. This being said, I appreciated the believable connection between Kayden and Savannah. Add in the torturous events with her brother, Ben and Dan and I was satisfied with the writing. While there were some questions in my mind, as I read, they were soon answered.

*Author provided a copy for honest review.

Buy Link

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other publishing person(s).

2 comments: